Despite a little setback, the metal fabrication industry continues to boom with best-in-class technological advancements acting as a powerful backbone for the industry. However, before we go further with the latest Metal Fabrication Trends to watch in 2019, here’s a brief on what exactly is the metal fabrication industry made of?
What is Metal Fabrication?
In simple words, metal fabrication is described as the process used by machine manufacturers or sheet metal fabricators to manufacture anything using steel, for instance, machines, industrial gears etc. Metal fabrication is extensively used to make anything from machines to your day-to-day cutlery pieces- the industry is ever expanding with the prospects shining bright. The fabrication is usually done through a wide range of industrial techniques, some of them being- welding, cutting, burning, moulding, and assembly. However, blending in with these traditional techniques is the dynamic impact of technological advancements, an innovative course that is shaping the future of metal fabrication with its usage now being used in aerospace, architectural construction, automotive, and more.
The Future of Metal Fabrication
The metal fabrication market is off to a great start despite Trump’s raising tariffs that failed to deter the US metal market in 2018. The steady growth has been accounted to not just technological advancements, but also to the close-knit demand of versatile industries that require something as sturdy and trust-worthy as metal to perfect their product base. This is probably one of the reasons why sheet metal companies are on the rise. Here’s a list of trends that you need to keep an eye on in 2019.
- Automation: Quite possibly one of the leading trends that hit the 2019 custom metal fabrication market, automation has been regarded as one of the fine examples of technology advancements overtaking strenuous manual or manual-machine operated labour, which is why thanks to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, the custom metal fabrication industry can look at reduced production and manufacturing hours with lesser energy or time consumption and greater more efficient productivity- all thanks to automation.
- Rise of the ERP Systems: With automated production, most manufacturing companies are going to expand their already vast operational area which means, it can be quite challenging for manufacturers to consolidate or organize their operations. Spread over a vast geographical area, keeping a track of shipments, suppliers, material sources, and more can be difficult if not for the ERP system efficiently integrating all the data under one big roof. The ERP software streamlines the entire process and can allow metal fabrication companies are much organized operational opportunity.
- 3-D Printing: Yet another innovation that has taken the world by awe, the 3-D Printing has come as a boon for many industries including architectural and medical too. Promising a successful future for the metal fabrication industries, 3-D printing prospects are forecasted to come with cost-efficiency. However, the 3-D metal industry supposedly varies from the traditional methods since it involves metal stamping to produce designs.
- Increased use of Tube Laser Technology: In comparison to the traditional metal fabrication method, the Tube Laser technology has shown immense precision and efficiency in metal fabrication with cleaner and more precise cuts and accurate calculative solutions which makes this technology is a must have for companies expanding in the custom metal fabrication market.
- Expansion in emerging markets: Emerging markets are typically described as countries that show parts of development and holds immense potential for success in the future. However, the emerging markets still lack a proper foundation and in the past few years, the emerging markets have shown a keen interest in the metal fabrication industry with a high record of Asian and African markets looking forward to prioritising the impact and presence of metal fabrication industries.
- Reduced Cost: The projected trends of 2019 has been focused around maximisation of work productivity through the infiltration of new markets, adoption of advanced technologies, and implementation of innovative technical measures- all of which points towards one thing- significant cost reduction. With greater and more efficient production, the future trends are hopeful that the advancements will come as a progressive path to cost-efficiency and improved productivity.