Metal fabrication is all about creating metal structures by the process of cutting, bending and assembling. This value-added process is done by the use of machines, raw materials, parts, and various other sources. Initially, this entire process was done manually but now with the immense growth in the technology sector, there are some outstanding and exceptional machinery which are used for the same purpose. The initial state of any fabrication process starts with a proper drawing which has the specific and precise dimensions. From there it goes to the fabricators who employ a multitude of value-added processes like welding, cutting, forming and machining.
You can find some of the best and the most economical sheet metal manufacturers Faridabad, who with their combinations of different processes and technologies can create wonders. Metal is one element that is used all over the world in various industrial sectors. Since the fabrication process is a complex one and comprise of various processes like cutting, bending, moulding, etc., it requires the use of many types of tools and equipments.
Based on the type of product that needs to be made, different types of equipment are used. Let’s have a look at some of the most important tools and equipment that have not just reduced the human effort but has made the creation of very complex designs possible.
- Lathe Machines – these machines are used to rotate the work piece to perform the various matching operations. These multipurpose machines can be used to perform several functions like cutting, sanding, knurling, drilling, boring, threading, facing and turning. These are available in various sizes and come equipped with many accessories.
- Milling Machines – these machines are used in the rotary cute and their purpose is to remove the undesired materials. With the work piece being held tight on the worktable, the rotating tool is made to move vertically. The two major operations performed by a milling machine are those of face milling and peripheral milling.
- Grinding Machines – an abrasive material is made to rotate at very high speeds, which provides finishing to the work piece by removing all the small amounts of materials along the surface, which in turn adds to the finishing of the products and makes it soft and smooth.
- Drilling Machines – one of the most common and the most easily seen machines, this machine is like a blessing to households all the world for their various chores. Easy to install and easy to replace is what makes this machine a favourite among all, other than doing thousands of repair works, these machines are mostly used for drilling a hole not just on the metal sheets but also on concrete and cement.
- Shaper Machines – used to perform a cutting operation on the work piece, these machines use a single-point cutting tool that moves in a linear motion. They come with simple machines and are easy to use.
- Broaching Machines – there are mostly two type of broaching processes – linear and rotary. These machines use with the objective of using a toothed tool or broach to remove the material from the work piece.
- Saw Machines – the saw machines are used to cut a piece of metal into two. It consists of a blade that is either rotating or reciprocating to make the cut. There are generally three type of saw machines including the hacksaw, circular saw and band saw.
- Planer Machines – these machines are very similar to the shaper machines, with the only difference being that in these machines the cutting tool is stationary and the work piece is made to rotate in a linear motion. Another difference is that these machine are larger than the shaper machines.
- Shearing Machines – these machines are used for cutting sheet metal. One very big advantage of these machines are that they do not form any chips or residual materials. Other important metal cutting operations that are similar t these are blanking and piercing.
- Hobbing Machines – variation of the milling machine, these machines use a special type of cutting tool which is mostly used to make spur gears and splines and is one of the relatively inexpensive methods.
- Drill Press– it is an improvised and reliable version of the hand drill machines as they are more stable and efficient in doing the job. The workbench allows the drills to be made continuously with good accuracy.
Even though there are many other machines that are made to perform specific operations for specific purposes, these are some of the most common and widely used machine worldwide. You can find good and reliable fabricators in all parts of the world, but if you are looking for the best one in India, then you can find some of the most reliable and high-quality sheet metal fabricators Faridabad.
With the growth in technology, there are many machines that are being developed every day and are doing wonders in not just producing articles that are complex but also saving on the wastage and most importantly the human labour and effort.